Inaugural McKenzie Frenzy MTB Race: p/b Hammel Dentistry
1st Annual McKenzie Frenzy, p/b Hammel Dentistry: Saturday, December 1, 2018
We’ve been working hard on McKenzie for the last year, and now it’s time to have a race! We have 10, 20, and 30 mile distances, and classes for all ages and ability levels. McKenzie is a brand-new, machine built trail system with 10 miles of fast, flowing trail.
Thanks to our sponsors!
Title Sponsor: Hammel Dentistry
- Tucson Endurance Performance Center
- Metalworks Precision Machine & Tool, Inc.
Beer Sponsor: Catalina Brewing Company
Graphic Design Partner: Cirrus Visual Communication
- Food Vendors: Los Bravos, Peddler on the Path
- Trophies by: Dukes Saguaros
- Nutrition and Neutral Support: Tucson Endurance Performance Center
- Timing provided by: On Your Left
Routes and safety information:
We strongly encourage all riders to get out and pre-ride the course prior to the race (if you haven’t already). McKenzie Ranch is a purpose-built XC trail, with rolling terrain and lots of bermed corners. It’s still getting broken in, and there are some loose corners. We know it’s a race, but use caution! Also, make sure to practice good etiquette when passing. We will have bells available for all riders.
- 30-Mile Map and Elevation Profile: https://www.trailforks.com/route/2018-mckenzie-frenzy-30-mi-course/
- 20-Mile Map and Elevation Profile: https://www.trailforks.com/route/2018-mckenzie-frenzy-20-mi-course/
- 10-Mile Map and Elevation Profile: https://www.trailforks.com/route/2018-mckenzie-frenzy-10-mi-course/
There is no on-site camping this year. We hope to add camping next year. The nearest “official” camping is at Colossal Cave Mountain Park, about 20 minutes away from McKenzie Ranch. There is also dispersed camping on Arizona State Trust Land throughout the area (and most easily found on the South side of Marsh Station Road). Make sure to get your AZSLD Recreation Permit!
Registration opens at 7AM sharp. Make sure to bring your ID to check in. All riders should plan on being on-site and ready to go by 8:30 AM.
- 7:00 AM: Registration and Expo Area open
- 9:00 AM: Race Starts!
- 9:00 AM: 30-Mile Men
- 9:05 AM: 30-Mile Women
- 9:10 AM: 20-Mile Men
- 9:15 AM: 20-Mile Women
- 9:20 AM: 10-Mile Men
- 9:25 AM: 10-Mile Women
- 9:30 AM: 10-Mile Juniors
- 10:00 AM: Beer Garden Opens
- 12:00 PM: Awards Ceremony